Nutritious Taco Meat
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Yield: 8 4oz
- 1 tablespoon paprika smoked or regular
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion (about 2 cups - small dice)
- 2 lbs ground turkey dark
- 1 can tomatoes - fire roasted
- 1 lime juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all spices: paprika, ancho chile, oregano, coriander, cumin, onion, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon.
- In a large sauté pan or skillet over high heat, sauté the yellow onions in coconut oil until lightly caramelized.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add in the spice mix, and toast about 30 seconds.
- Add the ground dark turkey and mix the seasoning in well while breaking up the meat.
- Return the flame to high and cook the turkey thoroughly.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes and juice of 1 lime.
- You can add a bit of water to the mix to create a sauce (about 1/4-1/2 cup of water).
This makes a delicious and healthy filling for Beet & Cauliflower Tortillas or Beets 'N' Sweets Nachos. ___________________________ Do you find yourself super tired at night, but unable to go to sleep? We have incredible, all natural sleeping supplements that I would not be able to live without. You can find those supplements here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).