1) What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information on TanaAmen.com. The first, “Personal Information,” is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, such as your name and e-mail address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. The second type, “Anonymous Data,” is data not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Data cannot be used to identify you. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data based on your participation on TanaAmen.com.
2) How We Collect Information from You
TanaAmen.com will collect information from you when you interact with us in the following ways:
As with most sites on the Internet, when you visit our Site, TanaAmen.com may place a “cookie” on your computer that enables us to give you a better experience on the Site.
- Internet cookies are small text files that save data about you as an individual visitor and help .com deliver personalized content and other services in a manner convenient to you.
- Many Web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. You may change your browser settings to either reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is about to be placed on your computer. Please note, however, that rejecting cookies while visiting TanaAmen.com may result in certain parts of the Site not operating correctly or as efficiently as they would with cookies. For example, if you are a TanaAmen.com Member without a cookie, you may need to enter your Name and Email each time you visit the Site in order to see all TanaAmen.com recipes. If you allow cookies, it streamlines your user experience on TanaAmen.com and keeps track of your preferences.
b) IP Address
An “IP Address” is actually a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP address stays the same from session to session; but if you use a consumer Internet access provider (such as Earthlink or AT&T), your IP address probably varies from session to session. We track IP addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our Web page flow.
c) Other Systems
Information is also collected from you when:
- You interact with the message boards and post comments on articles.
- You click on advertisements on the Site or in one of the free health newsletters and e-mails you receive from TanaAmen.com.
- You invite someone else to join TanaAmen.com through our Web Site’s sharing tools — in that case, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as the other person’s e-mail address, in order to send this e-mail; if you decide to invite someone else to take the TanaAmen.com tests and they subsequently register with us, we will collect and save the other person’s e-mail address, as we would for anyone who registers on the Site.
Also, in most instances we include certain tracking links that allow us to monitor whether you accessed specific content or advertisements. If you click on one of these links, we will record that click and certain activities on TanaAmen.com associated with that tracking link. We may use this information for various purposes, such as to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and clicking behavior and to customize the content and advertisements you see.
3) How We Use the Information We Collect
We do not send or support the delivery of unsolicited bulk e-mail (a.k.a. “spam”).
4) Blogs, Videos, and Other User-Generated Postings; Social Networking
TanaAmen.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor Postings. TanaAmen.com does not and cannot monitor all of the Postings made to the Sites and will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. TanaAmen.com has no obligation to verify the accuracy of any personally identifying information posted to our Sites. However, TanaAmen.com reserves the right to delete any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive, or otherwise objectionable and not in keeping with the community standards of TanaAmen.com. Under no circumstances will TanaAmen.com be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings. We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules. Therefore, you agree not to post, e-mail, or otherwise make available Postings:
- That are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or harmful to minors in any way.
- That harass, degrade, intimidate, or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- That include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- That are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute “bait and switch,” or impersonate any person or entity.
- That contain your own or a third party’s advertising, branding, or promotional content.
- That infringe upon any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available.
- That restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying TanaAmen.com or the TanaAmen.com services offered on them.
Because TanaAmen.com does not monitor the Postings, you agree to use and rely on them at your own risk. TanaAmen.com cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. TanaAmen.com likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our Sites, either online or offline. If you elect to meet in person with someone you may meet on our Sites, you do so at your own risk; under no circumstances will TanaAmen.com be liable for any activity or injury that may occur.
5) Legal Disclosure
TanaAmen.com may disclose information about you and your use of the TanaAmen.com and the TanaAmen.com services if TanaAmen.com believes such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to:
(i) Comply with the law or legal process where a formal request has been made, such as from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order, or judicial or administrative proceeding;
(ii) Protect or defend the rights or property of TanaAmen.com or others;
(iv) Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
6) Sweepstakes, Give-Aways, and Contests
We may conduct give-aways, contests, and other promotions on the Site in which we may ask you for additional information. We will use and treat this information as Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Participation in such give-aways and contests is not necessary to use TanaAmen.com, and whether you may choose to participate in any particular give-away or contest or not will not affect your general use of the Site.
TanaAmen.com has implemented security measures intended to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under its control. Our network access to the infrastructure is protected by a firewall protection system. Member information is backed up on a periodic basis to protect against accidental loss. You have the option when you enter personally identifiable information (e.g., registration, health profile questions, surveys) to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your information during its transmission across the Internet. We use secure digital certificates to assist with verification that you’re actually using TanaAmen.com and have not been diverted to an imposter Web site.
However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and TanaAmen.com will not be intercepted by others, and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from TanaAmen.com cannot be and is not guaranteed. Accordingly, TanaAmen.com is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
8) About Our Affiliates
TanaAmen.com services and Web Sites are not directed at children. They are designed for individuals who are 20 years of age or older. We will not request or knowingly collect information from an individual under age 20.
10) A Note to Non-U.S. Users
YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE UNITED STATES. UNITED STATES LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY.
11) A Note to California and Canada Users