FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sea salt
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup shallots (cut thin into rings)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- First prepare the dressing recipe by shaking well in a mason jar or use an immersion blender to emulsify the ingredients. This dressing will save up to 14 days in the refrigerator so you may want to create a double batch!
- Prepare the shallots in a small saute pan over low heat by sauteing with 1 tbsp olive oil until well browned.
- Then in a large mixing bowl combine the raw shaved Brussels sprouts and 2/3 cup of dressing and toss until well coated. Let sit for 40 minutes before serving for best results.
- Toss into the salad the pumpkin seeds and then place the mix onto a platter for serving.
- Top with shallots and pomegranate seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side.
- Chef Tip: This salad is very high in anti-oxidants which you can see from the bright color of the sprouts and pomegranate seeds. This helps to keep the salad fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Enjoy the mix as a wrap filling, as a topping for quinoa bowls, and other mix and match plant based meals throughout your week.