Almond Chicken Chopped Salad
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 orange grate zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups organic mixed seasonal greens
- 1/4 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds whole
- 1 cup jicama very finely diced
- 1 pound chicken breast chopped, baked or grilled (free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free)
- Whisk all dressing ingredients except oil. While whisking, pour in oil in a slow stream to create an emulsion. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Toss greens with half of dressing. (Try to coat the salad with only a very small amount of dressing, but drizzle more as necessary.) Store the rest of the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Mix in dates, almonds, and jicama.
- Top with chicken and serve.
___________________________ Oranges have essential nutrients including Vitamin C. If you are looking for more Vitamin C, BrainMD has an incredible liquid supplement called "Neuro-C Vitamin C". I put this in my shake every single morning without fail. This product provides major antioxidant defense, vitamin C is crucial for circulation, immunity, skin quality, peak mental performance, and overall well-being. You can find more info about this supplement here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).