- 7 apples (medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup erythritol (optional)
- coconut oil non-stick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (unsweetened)
- 6 dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel and chop apples - try using the slicer attachment on a food processor as a shortcut.
- Spray medium pan with cooking oil spray, then place apples in pan over medium heat. Apples will release fluid and begin to dehydrate after a couple of minutes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and erythritol, if desired. Cook until apples are hot and soft, about 15 minutes. Don’t allow apples to dry out and burn.
- Remove apples from heat and pour into a 9 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Mix all topping ingredients in food processor until well blended and chunky.
- Remove crumble topping from food processor and sprinkle on top of the apples in baking dish. Bake the apple crisp for 15 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon small portions into dessert bowls. Serve warm or cold