For the outside:
- 6 Campari tomato (Roma tomato may also be used)
For the filling:
- 1 cup natural tahini paste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a mid-sized mixing bowl combine all filling ingredients and mix together with a large fork until well combined. If you have a food processor you can also process this for about 20 seconds with the s-blade attachment in place. If you plan to make a double or triple batch I recommend to use a food processor.
- Cut each tomato in half lengthwise and lay out on a cutting board.
- Scoop out the seeds and flesh from the inside of the tomato (these are great as a sauce ingredient for fresh sauces later in the week).
- Fill each tomato half with 1 tbsp of the mix.
- Garnish with left over cilantro and green onion as desired.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days to enjoy throughout the week. The filling will save for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
- Pro Chef Tip: The filling for this dish makes a lovely, quick and fresh salad dressing when whisked with additional citrus juice!