- 4 pork chops free-range, hormone free, antibiotic free
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt use garlic powder for a low-sodium option
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added vegetable broth or you may use 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes roughly diced (retain as much juice as possible)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms sliced (or mushroom of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- Salt both sides of each pork chop with ¼ teaspoon garlic salt. Pepper both sides. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable broth or oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil, and thyme to skillet. There should be a small amount of juice from the tomatoes to bring mixture to a low boil. If not, add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable broth, being careful not to make the mixture too “liquidy.”
- Add pork chops to skillet and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn pork chops and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat when chops are finished cooking and serve smothered in tomato sauce.