Morning Detox Smoothie
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1/2 cup frozen organic cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic cherries
- 16 to 20 ounces cold water or unsweetened almond milk (I prefer water to hydrate first thing in the morning)
- 1 handful of ice
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 chard leaf (or 2 kale leaves) torn from stem
- 2 scoops vanilla- or chocolate-flavored protein powder (pea protein sweetened with stevia)
- 2 droppers full liquid stevia (I prefer berry or chocolate flavor)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3 leaves mint (optional)
- Optional and recommended ingredients (any or all):
- 1 scoop freeze-dried greens
- 1 tablespoon flax, hemp or chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fiber (inulin or glucomannan)
- Only for the adventurous (try adding one or two of the following for fun):
- 1 teaspoon Maca powder
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate powder
- 1 teaspoon acai powder
- 1 teaspoon camu camu powder
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon aloe gel
- Add all ingredients to blender bowl (preferably high-powered blender).
- Turn blender on low at first, then increase speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add additional water or ice as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour into two large glasses and serve cold.
___________________________ Adding protein to your diet is essential to help your body repair cells and make new ones. We have an incredible line of chocolate and vanilla protein powder to add to your morning shake, waffles or water! Our protein powder is sugar free, plant based, and it supports mental focus, muscle energy, exercise and stress recovery. You can find our line of protein powder here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).