Feel-Good Eggs Ranchero
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup red or kidney beans soaked overnight and cooked, or canned beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pepper to taste
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 2 cups baby spinach or 2 gluten-free tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fire-roasted salsa
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add beans, cumin, and paprika, and season with pepper, as desired. Cook beans for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside and keep warm.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Heat the rest of the coconut oil in a small skillet and cook eggs until opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach on a plate. Top with beans and eggs, and serve with salsa.
Did you know that eggs are good-mood foods? They increase dopamine and acetylcholine. These neurotransmitters boost attention and memory. So when you start your day with eggs, it can put a little extra spring in your step. Personally, I love this meal because of the balance between protein and carbs. ___________________________ If you are looking for a clean and fast-acting energy source for peak brain and body performance, you need to try our Brain MCT energy supplement. This is a liquid that can also assist with maintaining a stable weight. By enhancing satiety, which restrains appetite and promotes fat burning, MCT can be helpful for curbing unhealthy eating and stabilizing body weight. You can find this product here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).