Restful Turkey Burgers
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 4 celery stalks cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole sage leaves about 8 to 10 leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole fresh marjoram unchopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds lowest fat ground turkey breast free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free
- 1 egg organic, Omega-3
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 12 large iceberg lettuce leaves (grain free option) or 3 Oroweat Sandwich Thins (100 calorie), or gluten-free buns
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 6 teaspoons Vegenaise®
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a food processor, process celery, onion, garlic, sage, marjoram, and sea salt (if desired). Process until onion and celery are finely chopped but not mushy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix turkey with egg.
- Add celery mixture to turkey and mix until well blended.
- Form turkey into six patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook turkey patties in batches for about 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through and browned on the outside.
- Remove patties from skillet and place on a plate as the rest finish cooking. Cover to keep warm.
- Double lettuce leaves and place on plates.
- Place turkey burgers on lettuce wraps and add condiments as desired.
- Top with tomato and avocado. Place Vegenaise and mustard next to each burger.
If using Oroweat Sandwich Thins, try having an open-faced burger, with lettuce on top. ___________________________ If you are feeling like you need something extra to fight anxiety and feel more calm and happy, you need to check out our Gaba health calming support supplements. I take this almost everyday and it helps me so much. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).