- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 lbs dark ground turkey
- 1/2 large red beet (about 1 cup finely grated)
- 1 large sweet onion (about 1 cup finely grated)
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled fresh)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set oven to 375F (the convection roast setting will help create a browning of the outside of the meatball but isn’t necessary if you don’t have convection)
- Cut the half beet and sweet onion into large chunks.
- In a food processor, blend the beet, onion, and garlic, and ginger until a fine mealy consistency.
- In a medium to large bowl, mix the turkey meat, the beet mixture, chopped parsley, turmeric, smoked paprika, and coriander, salt and pepper.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with avocado oil.
- Ideally using a 1 ounce portion scoop, portion into about 55 meatballs. If you don’t have a portion scoop, use a large tablespoon and form a round ball with your hands. Portion into rows on the lightly greased, parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Roast in the oven 15+ minutes until fully cooked inside and lightly browned.
- The mixture can be used to make burgers as well (makes about 11 4oz patties)
- This mixture is loaded with brain boosting ingredients ... in addition to the ginger, turmeric, paprika and coriander, add a dash of cinnamon, cayenne or jalapeno for a little kick.
- Alternatively, swap out those spices for rosemary, sage, fennel, and/or oregano for a completely different flavor profile while still enhancing your thinker!
- Fold in minced greens like swiss chard or kale.