- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (optional) for dusting, if you are doing cut outs
- xylitol crystals or coconut sugar sprinkle as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together
- Add wet ingredients EXCEPT coconut oil to dry ingredients and mix with hand held mixer
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add coconut oil
- For simple round cookies, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto two parchment lined baking sheets
- Bake for 11-13 min, or a couple minutes longer for crisper cookies
For Making Cut Outs
- Refrigerate dough for three hours.
- Using a fine dusting of arrowroot starch, dust two sheets of parchment paper and the dough.
- Place the dough between the two sheets of paper and roll out into ¼ inch thickness. Remove the top sheet and use cookie cutters for desired shapes. Remove excess dough from around the cookie, but leave cookie undisturbed on parchment paper.
- Place parchment paper with cookies (after filling the sheet with cutouts) on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with xylitol crystals or coconut sugar.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Cool for five minutes before serving.