“Spaghetti” with Turkey Meatballs
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 pound ground turkey free-range, antibiotic-free, hormone-free
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 28-ounce can tomatoes diced, low-sodium (or use 4 to 5 cups fresh diced tomatoes to reduce sodium)
- 1/2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce as desired for spicy flavor
- 1 onion chopped
- 16 ounces shirataki noodles
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, green onions, garlic, parsley, celery, and garlic salt. Shape into 1-inch meatballs and place onto a tray.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs to skillet, browning on all sides, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce. Place tomatoes, chipotle pepper, and onion in a blender bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the browned meatballs, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before meatballs are finished simmering, boil water in a pot. Empty and drain shirataki noodles from package. You may want to cut noodles before boiling. Add to boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain the noodles well (they tend to hold water).
- When meatballs are finished cooking, add creamer and simmer for 2 more minutes. Stir in basil. Serve over shirataki noodles and with favorite greens.
___________________________ If you are looking for a vitamin to add to your daily routine, our Neurovite Plus is the first and only daily multivitamin that contains over 50 powerful vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts developed through clinical studies. NeuroVite Plus was formulated to provide whole-body wellness with additional key brain-healthy nutrients. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).