Simple Shrimp Scampi
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound raw large shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, and cook for 1 minute on both sides, just until they turn pink. Be careful not to overcook.
- Add garlic, oregano, and basil.
- Stir in coconut milk and lemon juice. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve over favorite greens or Shirataki noodles.
Kids usually love this simple recipe and it tastes great alone or over Shirataki noodles. The coconut flavor is a fresh alternative to traditional scampi. ___________________________ Check out our products of Omega 3's here. Most people don't get an adequate amount of Omega 3's in their diet and that is devastating for your heart and overall health. My favorite is our Omega-3 power squeeze, I love putting it into my shakes every morning! Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).