Simple Shirataki Noodles with Ground Turkey
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 onion roughly diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast lowest fat, free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free
- 2 large tomatoes (or you can use one 14oz jar) diced
- 1 25oz jar pasta sauce organic, no-salt added
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 4 8 ounce packages shirataki noodles linguine style (my favorite brand is Miracle Noodle®)
- Boil a large pot of purified water.
- Meanwhile, while water is boiling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes. Add garlic for 1 more minute.
- Add turkey and brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Turn heat down to medium and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce. When sauce begins to boil, turn heat down to simmer, add herbs, stir, and cover.
- Rinse shirataki noodles under water in a strainer. Add noodles to boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove noodles from heat and dump into strainer. Be sure to drain as much water from the noodles as possible by gently moving the sifter back and forth. Shirataki noodles tend to hold more water than regular pasta.
- Dish pasta directly onto plates and ladle sauce over the noodles.
Serve with large salad. ___________________________ If you are looking for a vitamin to add to your daily routine, our Neurovite Plus is the first and only daily multivitamin that contains over 50 powerful vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts developed through clinical studies. NeuroVite Plus was formulated to provide whole-body wellness with additional key brain-healthy nutrients. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).