- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon flax meal you can either buy flax meal at the store or grind whole flax seeds in a coffee grinder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (depending on desired spiciness)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 cans coconut whipped cream (optional)
- Mix flax meal, pumpkin pie spice, and arrowroot in small bowl.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, pumpkin, almond butter, coconut oil and dry ingredients. Blend on high until just combined.
- Warm a little coconut oil in large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Add batter in small circles and watch closely; batter will cook very quickly. Flip pancakes after 30 to 45 seconds. Be sure to keep pancakes small, as they will cook more evenly and not burn.
- Enjoy with coconut whipped cream and coconut sugar or maple syrup, if desired. Yum!
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Refrigerate 2 cans of full fat coconut milk over night so the fat separates from the water.
- Spoon the coconut fat into a cold bowl (refrigerate if possible), being careful not to get the water in with the solids.
- If you have a mix KitchenAid stand mixer, start on low setting, increasing every few minutes until it’s on high setting. Let it mix until it reaches whipped cream consistency (can take 15- 20 minutes).
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.