Red, White & Blue Salad With Chicken
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste (optional)
- 4 (4-6 ounce) chicken breasts organic, no skin
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- coconut oil spray (unrefined) for cooking the chicken on the grill (optional)
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 persian cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup jicama sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- Heat your oven to 375° or your grill in preparation for the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix balsamic vinegar and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt, and refrigerate until ready to serve on the side.
- Rub the chicken with the minced garlic and either roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or use coconut oil spray and grill on each side about 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Chop or slice and set aside.
- Arrange greens on a large platter placing cucumber slices around the outer edge of the platter.
- Put the cashews in a line down the center of the salad. Do the same with the blueberries, placing a line next to the line of cashews. Place a line of pomegranate seeds on the other side of the cashews. Sprinkle the jicama and bell peppers around the outer edges, just inside the cucumber.
- Sprinkle cooked, sliced chicken over top of salad.
___________________________ If you are unsure where to start with taking supplements, we have our "Brain and Body Power" packets for the easiest way to get your daily mind and body essentials. Parceled into convenient packets including a brain optimizing multi-vitamin-mineral, and pure omega-3 fish oil capsules. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).