Rainbow Quinoa Salad with Chicken
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 zest from one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds or 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup garbanzo beans rinsed and drained (always soak overnight and cook thoroughly; only use canned beans in a pinch)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3 cups chicken breast baked or grilled chopped, hormone-free, antibioticfree, free-range
- Rinse quinoa well. Combine quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, pomegranate seeds, green onions, yellow pepper, baby spinach, and garbanzo beans.
- Stir in basil and toss with prepared dressing.
- Top with chicken.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
___________________________ If you are feeling like you need something extra to fight anxiety and feel more calm and happy, you need to check out our Gaba health calming support supplements. I take this almost everyday and it helps me so much. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).