- 1/2 avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic fresh and minced or dried powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice 1 or less
TACO MEAT INGREDIENTS:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion small, peeled and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1 pound ground turkey organic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano fresh (or teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic fresh and minced or dried powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander (optional)
- 1-2 cups pureed tomatoes
- 1-2 heads butter lettuce or romaine leaves detached from stem for plating
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado, garlic and lime juice together. Hold aside or refrigerate for plating.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the coconut oil, onions and red bell peppers. Stir and sauté until golden. Add the ground turkey and break up with your cooking utensil. While the turkey is cooking, add the chile powder, oregano, garlic and cumin. Also add the cinnamon and coriander for a different flavor profile. (Note: you can add more or less of the spices per your taste preference).
- Once the herbs and spices are blended in and the turkey has fully cooked, add the tomato puree and simmer a minute or so.
- Fill the lettuce cups with the taco meat and top with a tsp of guacamole and enjoy!