- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 4 6-8 ounces each mahi mahi fillets
- Preheat broiler. If your broiler has more than one heat setting, set to lower setting. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a food processor, combine nuts, broth, garlic, chili powder, maple syrup, and macadamia nut oil. Process until mixture is well blended and fine, but not pasty.
- Smooth a thin coat of macadamia spread over one side of each mahi mahi fillet.
- Place each fillet in the baking dish with the crusted side up.
- Place fish on middle tray of oven and broil until crust is golden brown and fish flakes easily, about 12 minutes.