- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 2 leeks cut in half moons (white parts only)
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip peeled and diced
- 2 4-6 ounces each chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut in cubes
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bay leaf, celery, leeks, carrot, and parsnip, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Stir in water and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add cabbage, and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Top with parsley and serve hot.