Happy Brain Halibut with Pesto Cream Sauce
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (or ⅓ dried)
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk or 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and ground pepper combined (optional)
- 1 lemon zest (reserve juice to serve with cooked fish)
- 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- In a food processor or blender, prepare pesto cream by blending walnuts, garlic, basil and spinach for 30 seconds.
- Add olive oil and almond cream and blend.
- Add lemon zest and blend; set aside.
- Heat macadamia nut oil in large sauté pan over medium heat and sear halibut filets on one side until a golden crust forms and the fish is done on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently turn the fish and cover to finish cooking through, about 2 minutes. The fish is ready when it starts to flake.
- While the fish is cooking, in separate small sauce pan, warm pesto cream on medium-low heat and reserve until fish is cooked.
- Plate the fish, squeeze lemon juice over, if desired, and drizzle the pesto on top (about 2 tablespoons per dish). Enjoy!
___________________________ Check out our products of Omega 3's here. Most people don't get an adequate amount of Omega 3's in their diet and that is devastating for your heart and overall health. My favorite is our Omega-3 power squeeze, I love putting it into my shakes every morning! Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).