- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (sodium- and sugar-free or any vinegar you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1/2 cup apple cored and julienned or diced small
- 1 cup carrot peeled and julienned or diced small
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, julienned or diced small
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 to 6 cups mixed greens (spinach, romaine, chard, kale, etc.)
- Optional herbs to enhance the flavor of the greens: basil, mint or parsley
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic and honey and set aside.
- Mix apple, carrot, cucumber, walnuts and greens for the salad.
- Toss salad mixture with the vinaigrette and divide among four plates.