- 4 4-ounces each mahi mahi fillets
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- lemon pepper
- Large romaine lettuce or grain-free/gluten-free buns
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation for Mahi Mahi:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush fillets with oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Grill fillets for about 5 minutes per side or until mahi-mahi flakes easily when tested with fork. Serve on romaine leaves or buns that are grain-free or gluten-free, with pineapple salsa.
Preparation for Pineapple Salsa:
- Mix pineapple, red bell pepper, cilantro, and shallots, and season with salt and pepper.