- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1 small onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk roughly chopped
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or raw organic butter substitute
- 3 tablespoons almond meal or gluten-free flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable broth in medium pot over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and celery until tender and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Carefully pour soup into a blender in batches. Do not fill blender bowl more than half full. Start blender on low setting and increase speed to high until soup is creamy and smooth. Return soup to the pot as each batch is finished. You may also use a hand-held blender and blend soup directly in the pot.
- Keep soup warm on medium-low heat. Add allspice and pepper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt Earth Balance butter substitute. Slowly add almond meal or gluten-free flour, stirring so it doesn’t clump.
- Add milk slowly. Stir until mixture is thick.
- Add to soup pot and blend well. Serve hot.