FROZEN BANANA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce
- 2 bananas slightly green, peeled
- 1/4 cup cashews finely chopped (or shredded coconut)
- 4 popsicle sticks
CHOCOLATE SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons raw, unfiltered honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 dropper full of chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Frozen Banana Preparation:
- Cover a small tray with wax paper.
- Cut bananas in half and insert popsicle sticks in cut end of each banana.
- Put chocolate sauce in an open, flat saucer so it’s easy to dip and roll the bananas.
- Put nuts or coconut in a similar type of dish.
- Holding the stick, dip each banana into the chocolate sauce, rolling and coating the entire banana.
- Immediately dip the bananas in the nuts or coconut, rolling to coat the chocolate with the topping of your choice.
- Lay coated bananas on wax paper and place tray in freezer for at least 20 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
Preparation for Chocolate Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender bowl. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a squeeze bottle for immediate use, or seal in an airtight container and refrigerate for later use. Sauce will store for over a week.