Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (refrigerate the can for several hours)
- 1-2 tablespoons raw cacao powder start with 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup coconut butter or raw almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 cup young Thai coconut meat (from fresh coconuts)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol or 10-12 drops stevia liquid sweetener (chocolate flavor, Sweet Leaf brand) - optional
- 1 cup fresh berries (I love raspberries or sliced strawberries) - optional
- Rapturous Coconut Whipped Cream (see recipe in my "Healing ADD Through Food" book) - optional
- Blend all ingredients except berries in a high-powered blender.
- If desired, place berries in bottom of dessert cup.
- Layer mixture over berries into dessert bowls and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with my Rapturous Coconut Whipped Cream if desired.
This recipe calls for the meat from one or two young Thai coconuts. Some people are intimidated by the idea of opening coconuts to get the meat (I used to be one of them). I assure you, it is easier than it sounds, and well worth the minimal effort! The fresh coconut water and delicious meat are amazing treats. The only thing you need is a meat cleaver or a 10-inch heavy kitchen knife to get started. Young Thai coconuts can be found at Asian markets or health food stores and come wrapped in plastic. You can use other types of coconut, but the meat is often not as soft. The meat from a young Thai coconut is usually similar to the consistency of tofu, very soft. ___________________________ Do you find yourself super tired at night, but unable to go to sleep? We have incredible, all natural sleeping supplements that I would not be able to live without. You can find those supplements here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).