Crock Pot Chicken Shawarma with Cilantro Garlic Oil
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 red onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1 lemon)
- 1 lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 head butter lettuce separate leaves for wraps
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cucumber sliced (optional)
- 1 cup tomato chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges (optional)
Cilantro Garlic Oil (serves 8)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1/2 lemon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken in Crock-Pot with onions and garlic.
- Whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, pepper, salt, turmeric, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Pour liquids and spices over the chicken and cook on low for 6 hours. Can be left to warm after cooking.
- Blend all ingredients for Cilantro Garlic Oil together until smooth.
- Serve in lettuce cups bowl like a stew. Drizzle each bowl or cup with 1 tablespoon Cilantro Garlic Oil and sprinkle with optional desired toppings.
___________________________ If you are feeling that you need a little support with making better choices when hunger strikes, you should try our Craving Control supplements. Anyone who has ever tried to make better choices knows all too well how cravings can sabotage the best intentions. Craving Control contains all-natural ingredients that help to calm the craving centers in our brain, balance blood sugar and promotes a positive mood. You can find these here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).