- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 1 red onion sliced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth or bone broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1 lemon)
- 1 lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 head butter lettuce separate leaves for wraps
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cucumber sliced (optional)
- 1 cup tomato chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges (optional)
Cilantro Garlic Oil (serves 8)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1/2 lemon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken in Crock-Pot with onions and garlic.
- Whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, pepper, salt, turmeric, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon.
- Pour liquids and spices over the chicken and cook on low for 6 hours. Can be left to warm after cooking.
- Blend all ingredients for Cilantro Garlic Oil together until smooth.
- Serve in lettuce cups bowl like a stew. Drizzle each bowl or cup with 1 tablespoon Cilantro Garlic Oil and sprinkle with optional desired toppings.