Chicken Lentil Soup
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 6 1/4 cups no-salt-added chicken or vegetable broth divided
- 4 celery stalks cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups purified water
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram finely chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked, chopped (hormone-free, antibiotic-free, free-range)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large soup pot, heat 1/4 cup vegetable broth (preferably) or refined coconut oil. Sauté celery, carrot, pepper, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and vegetable broth to pot. Stir in lentils. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes.
- Stir in herbs, garlic sea salt, curry, cumin, lemon pepper, and pepper. Simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until lentils fall apart and mixture thickens. Add chicken during the last 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve hot.
___________________________ If you are looking for a vitamin to add to your daily routine, our Neurovite Plus is the first and only daily multivitamin that contains over 50 powerful vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts developed through clinical studies. NeuroVite Plus was formulated to provide whole-body wellness with additional key brain-healthy nutrients. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).