If you’re following us on the Brain Warrior’s Way journey, you’ve already cleaned out your pantry and started purchasing the basics from the shopping list. If not, now is the time – join our Brain Warrior tribe and you’ll instantly receive our Quick Start Guide as a free gift. As you begin throwing out the processed foods of old, you may feel like you’re ditching some of your best friends. It’s not uncommon to feel a sense of longing for the food like substances that have taken up residency in the pleasure centers of your brain. This is called food addiction and it is with intention that these foods have been created to keep you addicted.
Have you ever been in, or witnessed someone in a bad relationship? It’s a sad sight to see. The person with the unhealthy attachment keeps loving and chasing someone or something that is clearly abusive, and possibly even causing them emotional and physical harm. Well, guess what? If you “love” food that does not love you back, welcome to an abusive relationship! You’re loving something that is beating the heck out of you on the inside.
We’re going to help you break your unhealthy attachment to the food like substances that have hijacked your taste buds and the pleasure center in your brain. In order to do that you must do the uncomfortable thing today so you can do the extraordinary thing tomorrow. You must say goodbye to your harmful relationships and start forming healthy ones today.
The good news is that the idea of making these changes is actually harder than the changes themselves. If you follow the steps we outline for you, there is no suffering required. You don’t need to “eliminate” or “erase” anything. I’m going to teach you to “replace” your old friends with new ones that love you back.
Follow the list below to create some new healthier relationships that will support you in winning the war for your brain and body.
Replace, Don’t Erase
As you wean yourself off unhealthy foods, use these super simple swap strategies:
- Use erythritol for baking instead of sugar
- Seaweed snacks instead of popcorn
- Use coconut wraps, seaweed wraps or lettuce cups instead of bread
- Make grain free bread, muffins and brownies as a treat (recipe in Brain Warriors Way Cookbook*) and in the seafood recipe section of this site).
- Avocado instead of butter
- Almond, walnut or cashew butter instead of peanut butter
- Salsa instead of ketchup
- Hummus instead of mayonnaise
- Pureed berries instead of jam and jelly
- Coconut oil, coconut butter or ghee instead of butter
- Use Flax Snax or veggies for dipping instead of Crackers
- Use coconut milk in your tea or coffee instead of half-and-half or soy creamer
- Drink sparkling water sweetened with root beer-flavored Stevia instead of diet soda
- Enjoy unsweetened almond milk or walnut milk instead of dairy milk or soy milk
- Replace candy with sugar free and dairy free dark chocolate. Lily’s brand is great. Here’s one of my favorite chocolate recipes.
- Swap sugar free sheep’s or goat’s milk yogurt instead of cow’s milk yogurt. Add a few frozen blueberries and berry flavored stevia for a sweet treat
- Replace ice cream with “avocado gelato.” (also in my Omni Diet book)
- Eat half an apple with almond butter instead of cookies and candy
- Eat a quarter-cup of raw unsalted nuts and one piece of dark chocolate that’s 70 percent cocoa instead of muffins, candies, and cookies
- Switch out soy sauce for organic tamari sauce
- Drink green tea or herbal tea with a few drops of Stevia instead of coffee
- Dump Brain Boost On the Go* into a glass of water and drink it instead of wine. The theanine and berry extract will give your brain a boost while helping you feel settled instead of dulling your senses.
If you’re new to our tribe, read through The Brain Warrior’s Way book* and you’ll soon learn the secrets to igniting your energy and focus, attacking illness and aging, and transforming your pain into purpose. You can either buy it through the link, or ask your local librarian for a copy.
If you’ve already read the book, you might like to take The Brain Warrior’s Way Course*, so you can earn your black belt in health. You’ll feel like we’re holding your hand as you take this journey.
*Available for 21% off with coupon code TANA21 at checkout.