Brain Warrior Breakfast Skillet
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup yams (chopped into bite size)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped into bite size)
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika (regular or smoked)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups spinach (or broccoli or kale or beet greens)
- 4 eggs
PREPARATION OPTION 1 (in a large skillet):
- Heat your oven to 375F convection.
- Toss the yams, onions, mushrooms and spices with oil in the skillet.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes until the yams and onions are browned.
- Toss a bit, add spinach or other veggies, whisked eggs to create a scramble, then bake another 10-15 minutes.
- This option is my favorite as it can cook while I’m getting ready. It makes my life easier and it makes the house smell delicious! Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce. Use your favorite green veggies, add any herbs you love.
PREPARATION OPTION 2 (in a large skillet):
- Heat your skillet on the stove top on medium to high heat.
- Add in oil and yams, cook to brown and start to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Add onion to brown slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and spices and brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to finish and a dash of salt and pepper.
- You can then either fold in whisked eggs to create a scramble OR quickly cook your eggs sunny side up separately and plate together!
HEALTH BENEFITS: Cinnamon, Paprika, and Pepper: Anti-Inflammatory/Pain Relief/Blood Flow/Blood Sugar. Eggs: Healthy Fat ___________________________ Mushrooms are a rich, low calorie source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. We have an incredible product called "Smart Mushrooms" that I add to my shakes every morning. You can find this product here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).