- Beet & Cauliflower Tortillas (see recipe on this website)
- 1 lb chicken thighs (no skin / no bone - organic, antibiotic free, hormone free, free range)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 large yellow onion (about 2 cups minced)
- 2 limes juiced (about 1/4 cup juice)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the Beet & Cauliflower Tortillas. While they are baking, prepare the filling.
- Chop the chicken thighs into small pieces (minced).
- In a small bowl combine and blend all spices: smoked paprika, ancho chile, oregano, coriander, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, cinnamon.
- In a hot sauté pan, cook the onions with 1 Tbsp macadamia nut oil until lightly caramelized.
- Turn the heat down and add your spices. Cook just 20 seconds or so to lightly toast (any longer may burn them).
- Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat with the spice and onion mix, turn the heat back up to medium-high. Add the other 1 Tbsp of macadamia nut oil. Stir occasionally until fully cooked and a little crispy, about 8-10 minute, less depending on how hot your pan is. Finish with lime juice.
- Stir the juices from the beet cauliflower tortillas into the meat to create delicious sauce.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauces, salsas, guacamole, dairy-free cashew sour “cream”, lettuces, radishes, cilantro, green onions, lime wedges, etc.
- Add cayenne or chipotle to your spice mix for some heat and added health benefits.