- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil (or coconut nut oil)
- 2 yellow onions peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 8oz packets Almond Cream Cheese Style Spread
- 1 juice of lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, minced
- 3 tablespoons dried onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, combine the macadamia nut oil and thinly sliced yellow onions. Cook until caramelized, adding a dash of water during the process to keep the onions from charring. Once they have turned a golden color and are soft, remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 packages almond cream cheese with the juice of one lemon, minced chives and parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of water to thin.
- Fold in caramelized onions and season with salt and pepper to taste. If the dip is really thick, simply add a dash more water. Serve chilled with Roasted Red White & Blue Crisps.