Just as quickly as the holidays seem to approach, it always feels like we’re in a whirlwind that ends too soon. I love this season and all the festivities and fun I get to enjoy with my family and loved ones. The fact that this year feels extra special gives me an added lift of excitement and anticipation for the coming weeks.
But… I know myself well enough to recognize that sometimes my enthusiastic, busy brain can get overloaded, and when that happens, I definitely don’t feel like my best self. For example:
- I love going holiday shopping, especially with the kids, but the crowded malls and long lines tend to make me a little more irritable than I should be.
- I can’t wait to gather with neighbors and friends to share some good cheer, but tasty temptations abound, even for a very disciplined person like me.
- With a sizeable to-do list between now and the end of the year, I already feel my stress level creeping up.
- It’s usually not easy for me to turn off my mind at night, and with a lot more happening during the holidays, it’s that much harder. Plus, when I sleep fitfully and wake up exhausted, it wrecks my day and doesn’t make me very fun to be around.
Can you relate to any of these scenarios?
Glad I’m not the only one
Fortunately, I have an amazing workaround for the conflicts between what I want to do and managing the “consequences” of doing, being, and eating too much during the holidays. Aside from trying to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and fit in some meditation, I’ve become a huge fan of certain supplements from BrainMD that help keep my brain and body in balance when there are all sorts of ways they can get thrown out of whack.
I want to share this info here because it might be helpful for you, too, as you navigate the weeks ahead, so here goes:
- Serotonin Mood Support. As I mentioned, I can get irritated when my patience is tested, and I don’t like feeling that way. What I love about this supplement is it contains saffron extract, which can help support a more positive mood, and is exactly what I need when I’m gift shopping and on the go for hours at a time.
- Craving Control. Believe it or not, I used to be a sugar junky… until I realized the damage it was doing to my health. Nonetheless, my brain can get triggered at the sight of some insanely sweet treats, testing my willpower. However, I’ve found that when I take this one regularly, I can resist the temptations that I know I will otherwise regret later!
- Everyday Stress Relief. Not only is it easy for stress to creep up on us this time of year, but too much of it is harmful to our health. Yes, we can get overwhelmed with so many things going on, but no, we don’t have to let it take us down. The formula in this supplement supports our body’s response to stress by using a combination of natural ingredients, including one of my favorites, magnesium.
- GABA Calming Support. If you follow me, you may have heard me mention this before—I love this product because it helps me get the much-needed sleep I want and need. And unlike sleeping pills (which I don’t like), it calms my busy brain so I can fall asleep, and I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, not drowsy.
If you’re juggling too many things and are noticing that you’re not as happy, rested, or balanced as you want to be, it’s important to know that you don’t just have to suffer through it. Some simple supplements like the ones I’ve just mentioned might be able to help you feel less frazzled, be in a better mood, maintain self-control, and get the right amount of zzzzzzz’s each night so you don’t have any holiday season regrets when January 1 arrives.
To help calm stress and promote better sleep and positive moods, try some of the supplements and other high-quality products at BrainMD. Want 21% off? Enter TANA21 at checkout. It’s that easy!
If you’re struggling and need professional help, Amen Clinics is here for you. We offer in-clinic brain scanning and appointments, as well as mental telehealth, remote clinical evaluations, and video therapy for adults, children, and couples. Find out more by speaking to a specialist today at 888-288-9834 or visit our contact page here.