Super Surprise Frittata
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram chopped (or teaspoon dried)
- 8 ounces chicken breast cooked, diced or shredded, or cooked turkey, steak, meatloaf—any precooked meat will do
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 eggs organic, Omega-3, lightly beaten
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to broil and set rack on lowest level.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. (Use a skillet that will fit in the oven and has an oven-safe handle.) Add scallions and red bell peppers, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, thyme, marjoram, and chicken (or other meat), and sea salt and pepper, if desired. Cook for about a minute.
- Add spinach to the skillet and cook for another minute. Do not allow spinach to bunch together.
- Add eggs to the skillet. Using a spatula, stir the mixture until the eggs begin to set, but are still runny.
- Put skillet in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes, until the frittata becomes firm and fluffy.
- Transfer cooked frittata to a plate. Cut into quarters and serve each piece topped with two slices of avocado.
___________________________ Do you find yourself super tired at night, but unable to go to sleep? We have incredible, all natural sleeping supplements that I would not be able to live without. You can find those supplements here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).