Super Recall Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 leeks cut in half lengthwise and then sliced, white parts only
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried (optional)
- In a large skillet heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until nicely roasted outside and tender inside, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle with fresh dill if desired and serve.
I love the flavor of this recipe. Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables are among the healthiest for you for many reasons, but getting people to eat them has always been a challenge. If you’ve always avoided Brussels sprouts, give this recipe a try and it may turn you into a fan, too. Check here for one Brain Warrior's review of this recipe. ___________________________ If you are looking for a quick and easy way to get greens into your diet, BrainMD has an incredible product called Neuro Greens Superfood powder. Neuro Greens was developed from the latest scientific research on superfoods, which are foods especially rich with nutrients and other substances beneficial to human health. This formula features a diversity of superfoods proven to benefit the brain, immune system, and entire body. You can find these greens here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).