- 1 cup dry split peas
- 2 1/2 cups purified water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons tahini paste
- sea salt optional to taste
- Place split peas, water, and bay leaf in a medium pan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 40 minutes or until the peas are tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
- In a food processor place cooked peas, olive oil, garlic, and tahini. Process until well blended.
- Add lemon juice and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.