- 2 cups organic edamame (soy beans)
- 2 cups black beans presoaked and cooked
- 2 cups jicama peeled and diced
- 1 large ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup red bell peppers diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 avocado pitted and thinly sliced
- 6 large iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
- Mix edamame, beans, jicama, mango, scallions, bell peppers, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- Mix cumin, pepper, and lemon juice together in a small bowl so that spices are evenly mixed.
- Toss salad with lemon juice mixture in the large bowl so that the dressing covers salad evenly.
- Transfer salad to a serving platter and place avocado slices evenly across the top.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates and scoop salad mix into lettuce cups.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.