Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 teaspoons macadamia-nut oil or coconut oil
- 4 small sweet potatoes diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 8 celery stalks chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh shrimp deveined and peeled (you may choose to remove tails)
- 1 cup fresh or canned peas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots briefly, but do not overcook, about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, almond milk, green curry paste, and vanilla. Mix well. Turn heat down to simmer.
- Add shrimp, peas, spinach and pepper to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent. Do not overcook or shrimp will become tough.
- Transfer one-third of entire soup mixture to blender to puree. Transfer pureed mixture back to soup pot and mix well. You may skip this step to save time or if you prefer a thinner soup base. However, this step makes the soup more like chowder.
- Add sea salt, to taste. Ladle chowder into bowls and serve hot.
This is my daughter Chloe's favorite! ___________________________ Check out our products of Omega 3's here. Most people don't get an adequate amount of Omega 3's in their diet and that is devastating for your heart and overall health. My favorite is our Omega-3 power squeeze, I love putting it into my shakes every morning! Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).