Roasted Vegetable Salad
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and sliced thin in strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers seeded and sliced thin in strips
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 cups asparagus tips
- 1 pound salmon seared, cut into 1" cubes (see my recipe in "Live Longer with the Doctor's Wife Cookbook"
- 1 cup jicama diced
- 1 cup Sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup hearts of palm
- 1 cup artichoke hearts diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon raw, unfiltered honey (optional)
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup raw almonds shaved
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a large cookie sheet with a couple teaspoons of the oil. Spread peppers, onions, and asparagus on cookie sheet and brush with remaining oil on both sides. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Turn vegetables halfway through cooking time, after 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salmon (or leftover meat).
- In a large salad bowl, mix jicama, tomatoes, hearts of palm and artichoke hearts, if using. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, and honey, if desired. Whisk until ingredients blend. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all vegetables in a salad bowl. Add half of dressing and toss well. Add more dressing and toss. Continue adding dressing and tossing until salad is lightly coated with dressing, but not dripping.
- Serve salad on plates and top with salmon.
- Sprinkle avocado and almonds over the top.
You can also top this salad with chicken or steak or leftover meat. ___________________________ If you are looking for a quick and easy way to get greens into your diet, BrainMD has an incredible product called Neuro Greens Superfood powder. Neuro Greens was developed from the latest scientific research on superfoods, which are foods especially rich with nutrients and other substances beneficial to human health. This formula features a diversity of superfoods proven to benefit the brain, immune system, and entire body. You can find these greens here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).