Roasted Rack of Lamb
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary not chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme not chopped, thick stems discarded
- 2 whole fresh sage leaves
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds rack of lamb free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free
- 2 teaspoons macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon or brown mustard (optional)
- Place 2 tablespoons of macadamia nut oil, and the rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, pepper, and sea salt (if using) in a small food processor. Chop until herbs and garlic are minced to a fine consistency and there are no large pieces.
- Rub or brush lamb with the oil mixture.
- Wrap lamb in plastic wrap, eliminating as much air as possible. Place on a small tray and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.*
- When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 400F degrees. Remove lamb from plastic wrap.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of macadamia nut oil in a small roasting pan with oven-safe handles over medium-high heat. Make sure pan is hot before introducing lamb.
- Place the lamb in the pan and brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When lamb is browned, place meaty side up. Brush a thin layer of the mustard over the lamb at this time if desired. Place pan in oven, on middle rack. Roast for 20 minutes for medium rare, 22 to 24 minutes for medium-well, or until meat reaches desired doneness. Remove from oven, place on carving tray and cover with foil for five to ten minutes before serving.
*This recipe requires marinating meat for a minimum of 2 hours, up to 24 hours. The longer you marinate the meat, the more tender and flavorful it will be. Be sure to have the butcher trim off as much excess fat as possible. Grass-fed lamb has up to 30 percent less fat than grain-fed lamb. ___________________________ If you are looking for a vitamin to add to your daily routine, our Neurovite Plus is the first and only daily multivitamin that contains over 50 powerful vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts developed through clinical studies. NeuroVite Plus was formulated to provide whole-body wellness with additional key brain-healthy nutrients. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).