Quick and Tasty Pork Chops
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 4 pork chops free-range, hormone free, antibiotic free
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt use garlic powder for a low-sodium option
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added vegetable broth or you may use 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion diced (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes roughly diced (retain as much juice as possible)
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms sliced (or mushroom of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- Salt both sides of each pork chop with ¼ teaspoon garlic salt. Pepper both sides. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable broth or oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil, and thyme to skillet. There should be a small amount of juice from the tomatoes to bring mixture to a low boil. If not, add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable broth, being careful not to make the mixture too “liquidy.”
- Add pork chops to skillet and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Turn pork chops and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat when chops are finished cooking and serve smothered in tomato sauce.
Pork overcooks very quickly. The chops are usually finished about 10 minutes, depending on the heat, number, and size of the chops and the skillet. Check the center of one chop to be sure they are finished cooking. ___________________________ Mushrooms are a rich, low calorie source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. We have an incredible product called "Smart Mushrooms" that I add to my shakes every morning. You can find this product here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).