Power Breakfast Porridge
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 cups light coconut milk
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup water (optional)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour or almond flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (premixed spice blend) or use the following*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (*use instead of pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (*use instead of pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (*use instead of pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder for chocolate flavor (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free dark chocolate chips Lilly’s brand, (optional)
- 2 scoops sugar-free protein powder vanilla or chocolate flavor, pea protein
- Starting with one cup of coconut milk, combine all ingredients except protein powder in medium saucepan and heat to a slow simmer, stirring, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in protein powder during last minute of cooking. Add up to 1 cup coconut milk or water to blend in protein powder and create desired consistency.
- Divide evenly into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings and serve warm.
___________________________ Adding protein to your diet is essential to help your body repair cells and make new ones. We have an incredible line of chocolate and vanilla protein powder to add to your morning shake, waffles or water! Our protein powder is sugar free, plant based, and it supports mental focus, muscle energy, exercise and stress recovery. You can find our line of protein powder here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).