- 4 fresh wild salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the fish with a small amount of oil on each side.
- Sear the salmon for about 2 minutes. Turn and sear for another 2 to 3 minutes on the other side. You may turn again and cook for another couple of minutes, or remove salmon from the heat, depending on desired doneness and thickness of fillets. Be careful not to overcook or the salmon will taste dry.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.