Omni Grainless Granola Protein Bars
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut raw unsweetened
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup chocolate flavored pea protein sweetened with stevia
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 2 tbsp 70% cacao non dairy chips (or unsweetened carob chips)
- 2 tbsp dried goji berries or mulberries
- 1/4 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the cacao butter over low heat. Note: bars will not hold together without the cacao butter. Coconut oil is not a good substitute. If I can't find cacao butter in my local health food store then I usually order it from Amazon or another online store.
- Using a food processor, grind the pumpkin seeds, nuts, and coconut until you achieve the texture of a coarse flour. Place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add almond meal, protein powder, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to the bowl. Mix. The mixture will be thick, so you may need to use your hands to mix it thoroughly.
- Add vanilla, oil, and cacao butter. Mix well with a fork or rubber spatula.
- Add the honey and erythritol and mix well.
- Fold in chips and berries and mix well.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with coconut oil (or use a nonstick baking pan). Press the mix into the pan until it is even on all sides. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then take mixture out and bring to room temperature. This allows the cacao butter to harden again so bars will hold together.
- Remove from baking pan cut into 12 bars.
These delicious bars can be made in advance and hold up well when stored in the refrigerator. If you are not allergic to eggs, you may choose to cut fat in half and increase the protein by eliminating the cacao butter and add 4 egg whites. ___________________________ If you are looking for a vitamin to add to your daily routine, our Neurovite Plus is the first and only daily multivitamin that contains over 50 powerful vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts developed through clinical studies. NeuroVite Plus was formulated to provide whole-body wellness with additional key brain-healthy nutrients. You can find this here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).