- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons coconut oil we prefer broth
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups kidney beans soaked, rinsed, and cooked (only use canned beans in a pinch)
- Shirataki orzo-style noodles (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing, or coconut oil if desired. Stir in onion, celery, and carrot. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, thyme, and bay leaf, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and pasta (if desired), and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and parsley last, just before serving. Stir in and let settle for a minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.