Lamb Swiss Chard Butternut Stew
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil organic
- 2 yellow onions (about 4 cups sliced thin)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 lbs lamb, ground organic
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes, organic fire roasted diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 lbs butternut squash (about 4 cups large diced)
- 32 oz vegetable broth low sodium
- 8 swiss chard leaves (about 4 cups, stems cut off, greens chopped)
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk, organic full fat
- salt & ground pepper to taste
- Heat soup pot on medium heat with coconut oil and sliced onions. Sauté on medium heat until onions are caramelized, 8-10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and bay leaves and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg and sauté 1 minute.
- Fold in the ground lamb and sauté until the lamb is just about browned.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, butternut squash, and broth. Cover and let soup simmer for at least 15 minutes until squash is tender.
- Fold in chopped chard and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves for service, and finish with coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
___________________________ Check out our products of Omega 3's here. Most people don't get an adequate amount of Omega 3's in their diet and that is devastating for your heart and overall health. My favorite is our Omega-3 power squeeze, I love putting it into my shakes every morning! Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).