- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup almond meal (or gluten-free flour) or you may grind almonds finely in the food processor
- 1 pound chicken tenders free-range, hormone-free, antiobiotic-free
- 1 egg lightly beaten, organic, Omega-3
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon raw, unfiltered honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and almond meal and blend well with a fork.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, coating both sides. Immediately dredge in the almond meal mixture, covering both sides completely.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Cook for about 12 minutes, being sure to turn chicken over after 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool for several minutes if serving to children.
For Crispy Tenders:
- Chicken tenders will not be crispy. If you are used to fried chicken tenders, you may want to finish with this extra step.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add half of the baked tenders to the skillet. Cook for about 30-60 seconds per side, depending on desired crispiness.
- Remove tenders and repeat process for remaining chicken tenders.
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- Consider serving with a honey mustard sauce.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of gluten-free mustard with 1 teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey*.