Gluten-Free Blueberry French Toast
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 slices Ezekiel gluten-free, wheat free raisin pecan bread
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries
- 2 tablespoons pure organic maple syrup
- Whip eggs, egg whites, and cinnamon in a bowl large enough to put bread in without breaking it.
- Soak each piece of bread on each side on a tray for at least 30 seconds. (Gluten-free bread tends to be dense and firm.)
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add bread to pan when pan is hot. When the egg coating the bread begins to cook and brown slightly, turn and cook on the other side. Repeat until egg appears completely cooked.
- Prepare two plates. Place one piece of French toast on each plate.
- Top each piece of French toast with 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Serve hot.
- Optional: Top with Coconut Milk Whipped Cream.
___________________________ Adding protein to your diet is essential to help your body repair cells and make new ones. We have an incredible line of chocolate and vanilla protein powder to add to your morning shake, waffles or water! Our protein powder is sugar free, plant based, and it supports mental focus, muscle energy, exercise and stress recovery. You can find our line of protein powder here. Don't forget to use the code TANA21 for 21% off your first purchase from BrainMD (make sure you have an account and are signed in to use this offer).