- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup red or kidney beans soaked overnight and cooked, or canned beans
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pepper to taste
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 2 cups baby spinach or 2 gluten-free tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fire-roasted salsa
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add beans, cumin, and paprika, and season with pepper, as desired. Cook beans for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside and keep warm.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a bowl. Heat the rest of the coconut oil in a small skillet and cook eggs until opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach on a plate. Top with beans and eggs, and serve with salsa.